Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BLOG ASSIGNMENT #5

NPR ON WIKIPEDIA-
As long as I have been in school, every class has told me that Wikipedia is not a reliable source. It is amazing how just anyone can log on to the website and change information for their benefit or just laughing. Many of those who do not know about Wikipedia will try and cite it as a reliable source without knowing if the information is true or not. It was very interesting to read that many companies would go on the site and change information that would make the company sound negative or bad in any way. they keep the information up but, they alter it to make it sound not as bad. I also thought it was amazing how someone was able to create a program that is able to track who is changing information. This is going to help show who is changing information for their benefit.


WHAT I'VE LEARNED THIS YEAR-
This blog was very informative as to what i should think about when going into my first year of teaching. I appreciated the advice about communication. I think that if i were to ever get confused or frustrated at anything on the job, i should be able to be vocal about it and confide in a fellow teacher or principal to help me get through whatever the issue may be. I also liked the part of how it was said that a lesson that is planned will never be the same lesson that you will teach. There are always different things going on in the classroom and as teachers we have to be able to adjust to keep the lesson going.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you have started catching up. Still some ways to go, but at least you are moving.

    I use Wikipedia all the time. Just make sure your brain is on and your eyes are open.

    Mr. McClung can be a great friend. he will Skype us after Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Wikipedia is necessarily worth citing, but it's great as a starting place, or looking up something you may not understand. And nothing ever goes as planned in any aspect of life.

    ReplyDelete